Part of the community since 1992.
Every Woman’s Life (EWL)EWL, the Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program, is a grant-funded initiative sponsored by the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Diabetic ClinicChesapeake Care provides a comprehensive Diabetes Education Program for patients with Type I and Type II Diabetes. This program enables patients to participate fully in their own care by utilizing proven self management strategies.
The program includes:
- Individual and group medical appointments
- Individual and group education on managing diabetes from all aspects
- Consistent laboratory studies
- Regular glucose level monitoring at home
- Yearly podiatry and ophthalmology appointments
- Yearly immunizations
- Nutrition counseling
- Dental care
- Other specialty care as needed
- Insulin and other diabetic medications, glucometers and test strips
Special Services: (Available onsite at the Clinic)
- Finger stick laboratory procedures
- Glaucoma screening
- Minor surgical procedures
- Sample medications
- Health education resources